La Caixa” Postdoctoral Fellowships Programme offers 40 Junior Leader positions to be potentially incorporated at CBGP –
People who drive progress. People who inspire
”la Caixa” Foundation, which firmly believes that scientific progress, research, mobility and professional qualification are key to the development of people in society as a whole, supports researchers who wish to advance their careers towards scientific independence.
The objectives of this programme are to foster high-quality, innovative research and to support the best scientific talents by providing them with an attractive, competitive environment in which to conduct excellent research.
"la Caixa" Foundation is offering total of 40 postdoctoral Junior Leader fellowships at Universities and Research Centres in Spain and Portugal.
- INCOMING fellowship - 25 postdoctoral positions for researchers of all nationalities to conduct a research project at accredited centres of excellence with the Severo Ochoa like CBGP (UPM-INIA).
For Spanish institutions, candidates must not have resided or have carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the deadline for application.
- RETAINING fellowship - 15 postdoctoral positions for researchers of all nationalities to carry out research at any university or research centre in Spain or Portugal.
For Spanish institutions, candidates must have resided or have carried out their main work activity (work, studies, etc.) in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the deadline for application.
Specific call requirements:
Eligible candidates must have obtained their doctoral degree 2 to 7 years prior to the deadline for applications (between 7th October 2014 and 7th October 2019 inclusive).
What is offered?
- CBGP (UPM-INIA) can incorporate the successful candidates for the 3 year’s employment contract with estimated start date between 2nd May and 30th September 2022.
- The total maximum amount of the fellowship is €305,100: this includes estimated salary of €44.300/year and about €38,500/year for research project.
- Gross annual family assistance of €1,200 for each of researcher’s child dependant.
- Mobility assistance (moving and housing)
- Complementary training on transversal skills, innovation, and leadership.
How to apply?
Application deadline is 7th October 2021 (2 pm Central European Time – CET).
In order to apply you must complete the electronic application form located at
https://candidate.lacaixafellowships.org/login and provide a mandatory declaration of interest letter signed by researcher of the CBGP (UPM-INIA) indicating the predisposition to accept the fellow.
For further information:
About the Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas (CBGP, UPM-INIA/CSIC)
The Centro de Biotecnología y Genómica de Plantas (CBGP, UPM-INIA/CSIC) is a joint research centre of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM) and the Instituto Nacional de Investigación y Tecnología Agraria y Alimentaria (INIA), recently integrated as National Centre in the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC). Since 2017 CBGP is a Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence and has been recently awarded a new SO accreditation for the period 2022-2025. The strategic objectives of CBGP are the generation of fundamental knowledge on the genetic and molecular bases of key biological and physiological processes in plants and plant-interacting organisms, and on genomics of plants and plant-interacting organisms. The Centre also aims to develop new Computational Biology technologies for the functional analysis of plants/microorganisms. CBGP has attracted many talented scientists since its foundation, including tenure-track positions, ERC Starting Grants, as well as CM Atracción de Talento, Beatriz Galindo and Ramon y Cajal researchers.